Sunday 25 October 2009

The icecream maker

When I was at boarding school aged 16 I used to relish post days. Most girls got designer handbags from Germany or sex toys but I got an icecream maker. I eagerly anticipated its arrival one rainy Friday afternoon and what a ruddy let down it was! Now I know for a fact it was for ages 2 and up but I expected a little more than snow to be produced. It took me a whole break time to spin the plastic wheel and produce ice for one person. It even came with its own icecream pots and measly toothpick of a spoon. Of course the other girls chuckled at my childishness but that didn’t stop them queing up to use my mini oven. You see I had somehow managed to set up an illegal kitchen in my dorm. I’m sure my roomate didn’t mind. My friend Lilly would cook her sausgaes in mylittle oven and it would tick away for about 10 excruciating minutes and ting as if it was showing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment